Saturday, May 12, 2007

Where role has this cluster left me in?

I use to be "anti-politics" because I am uniformed. I had generalized this to other ideas in society. I had an open mind and accepted differneces, but I did not seek them out if they were not in front of me. Now, I want to seek out differences, I don't want to poin them out, but I want to take on the responsibility of the knowledge of them. I don't want to have the responsibility to act because I am part of the majority and I have the power. I want to earn this power through the acquizition of knowledge. Perviously, I was not a large consumer of media, like politics because I felt everything was biased and controlled by those in power. I still think that, but I have gained the skills to filter through the media and use it to come to my own conclusions, instead of being given the conclusion. If I so desired, I could use this power, not because of how I am grouped in society's eyes, but because I seek it out as being part of a democracy, ato tell my own conclusions and ideas to consumers of the media.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

It's just the beginning...good luck and congratulations!